The Hospice Volunteer
Volunteers are the Heart of Hospice! Life Path Hospice Care Services Services volunteers are members of a dedicated group of loyal and sensitive individuals who give of themselves to help ensure the mission of hospice care. Each volunteer brings something special to hospice to help fulfill our mission.
Ways You Can Volunteer
There are many ways volunteers can support the work of our hospice.
- Patient and Family Support Volunteers – to visit the patient and family, be a listening ear, share a quiet moment, run errands for the patient, read to the patient, review Bible passages
- Bereavement Service Volunteers – make phone calls or visits to surviving family members and friends, offer support to the families during the grieving process, mail sympathy cards and bereavement notes to the surviving family
- Special Service Volunteers
- provide clerical assistance to the hospice staff
- send birthday cards to the patients
- participate in our Balloon Bouquet program by delivering balloons to our patients
- participate in our Memory Bear Program by creating a bear from a loved one’s garment
- participate in our Pet Therapy Program by signing up your pet to provide companionship to our hospice patients
- participate in Music Therapy
Become A Volunteer Today!
Life Path Hospice Care Services Services is always looking for committed volunteers to become a part of our hospice team. Volunteering with our program can be a rewarding experience – one that is appreciated by so many.
To become a hospice volunteer: